Saturday, July 18, 2020

1.5 pound Whole Wheat + Caraway Seeds

A fresh 1.5 pound loaf of whole wheat with caraway seeds. First time with this recipe which used 1 cup whole wheat and 2 cups unbleached white bread flour. Next time I think I'd do 50-50 WW/UWBF but I have no complaints. Recipe called for fennel seeds but since I did not have any I used what I had which was caraway seeds. I could have used sesame seeds but they are raw and would have required a quick roasting which would have required more effort than I was willing to put into this. Bread Machines are definitely for the lazy!

2 comments:

  1. It looks delicious!! I need to make some bread soon. If I do, I will post a picture. I don't have a bread machine though and it is so hot down here, I don't want to turn on the oven. My air runs constantly as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...running an oven in the summer isn't a great idea. Another reason why the machine is great is that it doesn't throw that much heat and you could even set it outside while it was doing its thing. So it's MORE than just for the lazy it's for the environmental benefits too!

    DEFINITELY post some photos when you bake...food photos are right up there with wildlife and flowers!

    ReplyDelete