Sunday, July 24, 2022

07/24/2022 Morning & Not what I expected

 Took a look outside and it finally happened...one of the large limbs from a pecan tree broke which is not something I wanted to deal with in mid summer.

My toolkit to deal with it was kinda thin...

So...I'm out there hacking away...it's going to be a LONG day...and the neighbor who lives a few hundred yards behind me says...looks like it's hanging there ready to come down...be back in a few...



Took him less than 10 minutes...made my day...now back to coffee and waking up!

3 comments:

  1. Nice that the neighbor came along to help. It's too hot to be out there hacking away at limbs. Now the bright side is it did not fall on your head!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree....and the photo doesn't give you an idea of how big this limb was. It was ~10-11 inches wide where it broke and was still hanging (barely) on about 12-15 feet up in the air,,,it would have been REALLY difficult for me to get it down safely. My plan was to trim as much as I could and then go looking for someone to finish it. This worked out MUCH better than I could have reasonably hoped for....and yes...in this heat even trimming it down would have needed to be an early morning only effort. Now I can have a HUGE fire this Fall probably after a good rain or maybe wait to get lucky and have some snow on the ground this Winter. After 15 years of high desert living I'm paranoid about the possibility iof starting a grass fire!

      Delete
  2. Doing fine Thank You! Now that we are into Fall here I'm starting to get a few things done...in my old age (recently turned 70) I find I don't like the mid June to mid September heat and the mid December to mid March cold. I think Fall is my season...mornings are now in the 50s...highs in the high 70s to low 80s...really SPECTACULAR! I am enjoying a nice quiet, peaceful, low stress, low drama life here in rural SC! Hope all is going well for you as we wind down 2022 and head into 2023...hard to believe we will be flipping the calendar again soon!

    ReplyDelete